Saturday 13 November 2010

For all you Super Hero's out there, I challenge you to burn 500 calories in 30 minutes. It nearly killed me!


For all you Super Hero's , I've just thrashed my ass to prove to all you people who say "I just haven't got the time to exercise" that you can burn 500 calories in 30minutes.

Below is the evidence from my polar heart rate monitor. I did it by doing interval training. 

I warmed up for 5 minutes and cooled down for 5 minutes. Thrashed myself for 30minutes

I exercised 60-70% of my HRmax, then every 5minutes I crank up the resistance to 14 and pedal between 95-110rpm for 1minute 80-90%HRmax, then rest for 1 minute (reduce resistance to 3-4), then repeat as many times as I can, usually 3-5. My HR usually balances out at 70-80%HRmax after the first two intervals.

Polar product
Polar FT80


Distance
 mi

Calories
 kcal

Duration
 hh:mm:ss


Average heart rate
 bpm

Maximum heart rate
 bpm

Fat percentage of calories
 %

Burning an extra 500 calories a day you will lose 1lb of fat a week, even if you eat the same amount of food. Reduce your calories by 500 calories as well and you'll lose 2lbs a week.

1lb of fat = 3500calories
Therefore this is the amount of calories you need to burn to lose 1 lb.

The bottom line is this, LIFE'S TO SHORT TO BE OUTTA SHAPE, so stop making excuses and get your lazy, world owes me a living, sofa sitting, soap watching, cola drinking, fast food eating, muffin top into that Juicy Couture tracksuit (you've only wore to the chippy) and get to the gym. With a little determination and commitment to exercise and diet you can drop 2-3 dress sizes in 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment