Wednesday 8 December 2010

JORDANS EXTREME GYM FIT CHALLENGE

JORDANS EXTREME GYM FIT CHALLENGE
How EXTREME are you?

I've just smashed my heart and lungs to bits with this gym fit challenge I gave myself. I've just found out all these muscles don't help when given the workout below. I found it tough dragging my 120kg frame around the gym. My heart rate was between 80-90% of maximum for most of the workout, at one point it reached 92% (that might explain the dots I seen in my eyes).

So all you die hard male and female gym rats who want a bit of a challenge try to do this workout as fast as you can and check your times against the UK standard below.

My time was 22minutes for one circuit. I did it twice as I'm a sucker for pain. I've also added my polar heart rate results.

Polar product
Polar FT80

Distance
 mi
Calories
 kcal
Duration
 hh:mm:ss

Average heart rate
 bpm
Maximum heart rate
 bpm
Fat percentage of calories
 %


JORDANS EXTREME GYM FIT CHALLENGE WORKOUT:

STATIONARY BIKE 2 km (LEVEL 12)

BENCH/BOX JUMPS - 50
or do barbell squats 50x20kg male 50x10kg female

SIT UPS - 50

ROWING - 750m (LEVEL 7)

BARBELL SHOULDER PRESS
- MALES 30X30kg
- FEMALES 30X20kg

STEP UPS 50
- MALES 12kg each hand
- FEMALES 8kg each hand

BARBELL BENCH PRESS
- MALES 40X40kg
- FEMALES 40X25kg

TREADMILL RUN 1000m @ 5% incline

                      MALE                                                        FEMALE

Time
Under 15 mins Elite 
Under 16 mins Elite 
Time
Under 17 mins Advanced
Under 18 mins Advanced
Time
Under 20 mins Minimum Standard
Under 22 mins Minimum Standard


No comments:

Post a Comment